Rollesby Broad Sailing Club (RBSC) is committed to equality of opportunity and aims to ensure that all present and potential participants, members, instructors, coaches, competitors, officials, volunteers and employees are treated fairly and on an equal basis, irrespective of sex, age, disability, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, gender reassignment or social status.
- To ensure boating is accessible and attractive to the widest audience.
- To ensure that the RBSC services, including training schemes, are as accessible as possible, including to people with disabilities.
- To increase the diversity of our Instructors, Coaches and Race Officials
- To identify and promote more role models at all levels from under-represented groups, including women and girls, people with disabilities, people from BAME backgrounds and LGBT+ people.
- To attract new participants from under-represented groups through targeted initiatives.
- To maintain the Advanced level of the Equality Standard for Sport.
- RBSC will offer an experience to participants that is friendly, welcoming and open to all.
- Appointments to positions with the RBSC will be made on the basis of an individual’s knowledge, skills and experience and the competences required for the role.
- RBSC will tailor requirements in relation to RYA training schemes which may inhibit the performance of candidates with special needs, provided that the standard, quality and integrity of schemes and assessments are not compromised.
- RBSC will develop further policies for specific subject areas where appropriate.
- RBSC reserves the right to discipline any of its members, qualification holders, appointees, volunteers, or employees who practise any form of discrimination in breach of this policy, in line with the relevant articles, rules, codes of conduct and disciplinary procedures.
- The effectiveness of this policy will be monitored and evaluated on an ongoing basis by the RBSC Committee
Approved by RBSC Committee