Autumn Regatta Postponed!

Hi All
Due to the dangerous tree situation the club site remains closed.
We were due to begin winter sailing this weekend, with split starts for the multi-sails and single-handers, at the Autumn Regatta.
As the site is unlikely to have been cleared due to the tree surgeon’s high workload after last weekend we have decided to postpone the Regatta until the following Sunday – 11th October. 

The work day due to take part on Saturday will also be postponed (new date tbc).

Should we get late notice that the site is open for Sunday the two races will count as the first for the Autumn series instead.

Can we take this opportunity to remind you that to cover your insurance your boat does need to be tied down in the boat park. This is as much to ensure you are covered if it is blown into and damages neighbouring boats as damage to your own craft. Last weekend’s gale was both extreme and a bit unseasonal, but as the leaves clear from the trees the boat park does become more exposed to winter breezes.

We will update you on the site situation as soon as we have further information ourselves.

Keep safe.