2022 is the 50th anniversary of our sailing club.
The date to save is 23rd July kicking off at 12:00.
Not long now until the 50th Anniversary Celebrations and Summer Regatta/BBQ (Saturday 23rd July)!
The program roughly is as follows:
12.00 – Site open for picnics. Casual sailing. Junior sailing, fun and games
14.00 – 15.12 Pursuit Race (Adults and juniors) for Pike Goblet and prizes.
15.45 – Cake cutting ceremony
16.15 – Casual sailing and Eels Foot Cruise
18.00 – Light BBQ.
A few reminders:
– For the BBQ, the club is supplying the food, you need to bring your own drinks.
– You may like to bring along folding chairs.
– We are expecting around 100 people, so when you park your car please use the space available in the most efficient manner.
– Friday morning we will be setting up BBQ, gazebos, parking and camping areas, cleaning some windows and any remaining strimming. If any of you can join us, please let me know.
– On the day we will obviously all have to chip in, in setting out the food and cleaning up afterwards. But specifically for BBQing there is Ian Ayers and myself, we could use a few more to light fires and flipping burgers, so please get in touch if you are able to help.
– Last of all if any of you are musicians and would like to supply some music in the evening, that would be great (not to loud, we don’t want to scare away the wildlife).
If you have any questions, please get in touch.
Looking forward to seeing you all Saturday,
It would also be nice to have any past, particularly founding members to attend. So if you know any please pass on the word and ask them to get in touch with me. We are also looking for old photographs, which you can bring along or scan and email in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org